First Presbyterian Church exists to call, nurture and equip a loving community of Christ-centered disciples engaged in worshipping God, serving our neighbors and sharing the good news of God’s grace in Jesus Christ.
Fruitful, transformational ministry based in a Biblically grounded commitment to:
- Reformed theological tradition
- Authentic personal faith
- Life giving community
- Purposeful, culturally relevant actions
In 2015, we envision First Presbyterian Church as a Christ-centered community, serving the spiritual needs of an intergenerational congregation, welcoming all. We will integrate new and creative ways to worship and serve Christ. We will be aware of and responsive to the needs of our neighbors, near and far. Through worship, education, fellowship, and outreach, we will develop and sustain disciples for Christ.
The following Ministry Initiatives have been identified as priority areas for attention and effort for our leadership over the next seven years as we strive to make our discerned Vision become a reality for FPC.
First Presbyterian Church will:
- assess the effectiveness of its Christian Education ministries for all ages
- evaluate group opportunities for fellowship
- involve the congregation in evaluating the needs of both existing members and potential new members
- specifically assess the needs of our youth in order to develop a plan to provide more fellowship, mission and worship opportunities
- evaluate how we can more effectively structure our commissions and committees
- identify the needs of our neighborhood, develop an action plan to meet those needs, and then regularly reassess our neighborhood and actions to ensure ongoing relevance
- develop a plan for better utilizing the plaza and our other facilities to broaden our connection to our neighborhood
- evaluate how to better use our existing ministries to call new disciples and to deepen the discipleship of our existing members
- will investigate possibilities for additional worship opportunities